Working on decking and have a question

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
We have been at this deck building for 3 summers. Time and money have been issues on getting things done quickly! We have half the railing finished and all the decking. Now I would like to do something with the lower part of deck. But I just don't want to put anymore money into wood. I used the heavier commercial landscape cloth and covered a 1x2 wooden frame and screwed it to the posts. Do you think this would have a chance of lasting until I'm up to spending more money and doing it right? Will share a few pictures so you can see our maze of decking. Started with a patio 16x20 and then added the 16x10 pavilion. When pool was put in we put the splash deck around and the decking from pavilion to pool and garage.
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

I may have to come and personally inspect that setup in order to offer you a "professional" opinion! Barring any ridiculous high winds or animal intrusions, it should be just fine. Luvly!

That looks pretty snazzy. I don't know how well it will hold up to weather but it looks like a cheap way to get around the wood for right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.