Cloudy Water for days

so it quit raining finally and we had the party after all. man was the chlorine high. i didnt test it before, but after the party (and everyone saying it was burning eyes) and you could really smell chlorine, fc was in the low 20's. i turned the chlorinator down to 25% and lowered run time by 2 hours in hopes to get the fc down, and even today (5 days later) the fc is 18. i just turned off the chlorinator. is that the best thing to do now to get it down? i cant test ph and swimming tonight wife says it burns her face a little.

ctfortner said:
so it quit raining finally and we had the party after all. man was the chlorine high. i didnt test it before, but after the party (and everyone saying it was burning eyes) and you could really smell chlorine, fc was in the low 20's. i turned the chlorinator down to 25% and lowered run time by 2 hours in hopes to get the fc down, and even today (5 days later) the fc is 18. i just turned off the chlorinator. is that the best thing to do now to get it down? i cant test ph and swimming tonight wife says it burns her face a little.
Yes. And you should have shut the thing off when the shock process was complete and let FC go down. Who knows what your pH is right now? That could be the cause of stinging eyes, too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.