replace Hayward Super Pump with Super Pump VS ?

Gx

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2013
Lexington, Ky
Hello.

My 2HP Super Pump (SP2615X20) has started making a loud screeching noise.

I would like to have a multi-speed pump.
It looks to me like the Hayward Super Pump VS (SP2600VSP) motor/impeller would slide right in to the hot/box/basket, so that I don't have to jack with any of the plumbing. http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP2600VSP ... B00C6BD8YQ
Does anyone know if this is the case?

Also, I'm figuring that the 1.5HP of the SP2600VSP is enough for me?
The pool is 33000gal, avg ft of head is ~65' . All pipe is 1.5", 3 returns, dual drain, 2 skimmers.

I am planning to use the 220v SP2600VSP 'timer' behind a regular mechanical timer. I assume that is OK?

Thanks.

I don't know, and I suspect your not going to get any / many answers as this pump has only been on the market for a couple of months now and you are likely the first one on the TFP to try it. With that said if you do try it please post back to let others know the results.

Ike

Yes, the pump impeller and motor should fit into the existing wet end housing. The housing is the same part#. But keep the new one as you never know when the old one might fail.

And yes, that pump is more than big enough for your pool.

And yes again, a timer is perfect for that pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.