Swartz Creek, MI
Well, my results are in.
FC 8.0
CC .5
TA 240
CH 90
CYA 100ish

So my target FC will be 12.

Do I need to worry about getting my TA lowered as long as my ph isn't rising too fast?

I need to get my CH up. I have fiberglass walls and concrete bottom. Not sure if there is plaster over the concrete.

I need to get my CYA down. Pool calc says to replace 60% of my water. I think I will just vacuum to waste once a week til it's down. I'm going to test CYA again. What are the best time of day and weather conditions for this test?

Any other thoughts?

What is your PH. if it raises to fast lower it with acid. Doing this will also lower TA. Repeating that will keep lowering TA.

The CYA test should be done in the sun with your back to the sun with the tube at waist height. Your plan to lower CYA is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

So I added bleach after testing, a little more than needed. FC tested at 16 last night at dusk. This morning it was 14. CC both times was low. Light pink after adding R0003. One drop changed it back to clear. There was a little sun on the water this morning when I checked. I have about 2 feet of water that isn't covered by my solar blanket. Thats where i took my sample. Do you think that's a pass or a fail on the OCLT? I guess I'll try again tonight.

Is it necessary to be at shock level to do the OCLT?

It's a fail but you can give yourself an F+ :mrgreen: You are VERY close so I would give it another day at SLAM value and I'll bet you'll pass.

It's not necessary to be at shock (SLAM) value to do the OCLT but it's not a bad idea, either, as the extra chlorine is continuing to clear any remaining organics from your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.