Automatic Cover - Should I cover this cover during winter?

Apr 24, 2013
Parma / Michigan
First of all – thank you for answering my posts! Although we are new pool owners, you have given our family a sense of confidence.

We have installed an automatic cover, which as you know, was very expensive. Although it can be used as a winter cover, I am thinking about protecting it throughout the winter.

I have heard of people using a standard tarp with water bags, but I would like to brainstorm a few more ideas. Has anyone done this?

One of my ideas may be considered overkill, but I have always been that type of person. I am thinking about buying or making a steel tube / canvas structure that can carry a snow load. It would look like a carport without sides. I think a dome shape would be pretty cool. Basically I just need something to keep water, snow, ice and leaves off my cover!

What do you think?

Thanks!

Dave

Re: Automatic Cover - Should I cover this cover during winte

You could also use a standard winter cover, like a loop-loc or similar. But, by the time you do that, you've probably already paid for a replacement of the vinyl!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.