jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
Just hooked up my IC-60 a week ago, and it has been working like a charm! I went with IC-60 for 33k pool thinking it was well over sized... but now I understand the "half truth" advertising... That IC-60 will sanitize a 60k gal pool... ***IF set at 100% and you run the pump 24 hours. If I were flowing 30gpm with my VF may be I'd go 19 hours or so... but my heater needs at least 50 gpm, so that means anything more than about 11 hours of pump run time and I am turning over the water more than I need to, and spending more money than I need to. So the IC-60 is pretty much the right size for my pool and pump run time. It has kept my FC exactly in the target range since I turned it on.

I do have a question about automation... I read in another post that Pentair automation allows 1% increments in IC run time. I saw that when I programmed it, but since the IC LEDs come on in 20% increments I figured the IC was just using the nearest 20% level to turn itself on and off... but is the IntelliTouch actually using the 1% increment to turn the cell on and off directly?

Also, I assume flow rate has no effect on the quantity of chlorine gas produced, correct?

jtech1 said:
but is the IntelliTouch actually using the 1% increment to turn the cell on and off directly?
Yes. Note from the manual:

• Note: If connected to an IntelliTouch, EasyTouch or SunTouch system, these lights may slowly flash when the output is set to a value not exactly 20%, 40%, 60% 80% or 100%. Example: 21% output setting from the IntelliTouch, EasyTouch or SunTouch will flash the 20% light.

That's the advantage to having the automation...for fine tuning of the run time. If not, you are stuck with exactly 20%, 40% etc. You may have also noted that the manual controls are disabled.

jtech1 said:
Also, I assume flow rate has no effect on the quantity of chlorine gas produced, correct?
As long as the SWG is sensing that the flow is at or above the required minimum then it's able work at its designed outputs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.