New build, Houston (Cypress), Tx

cbink

Feb 4, 2013
Houston, Tx
Hi!

I posted a thread about the layout but we're all signed now and ready to move forward so I thought I'd start a build thread.

Here's the layout. Couple of minor changes from the below like we're going to outline all of the decking with flagstone to make it really pop but it's essentially correct.

Pool specs:

Custom freeform pool
112' Perimeter ft
38'x24'
3.5'-7' depth
Approx. 24,500 gallons

4" deck drain system run to street
Overflow drain tied into drainage system and taken out to street
Automatic fill line with valve

8 return lines
1 cleaner lines
2 main drains
2 skimmers

Hayward 2.7hp total hp Tristar max efficient pool pump
Hayward 2.7hp total hp Tristar max efficient water feature pump
Hayward pool cleaner booster pump
425 sqft Hayward swim clear cartridge filter
Hayward prologic PS-8 with digital wireless remote and in-home docking station
Hayward H series 400,000 BTU heater
Hayward T-cell 9 Salt chlorination system turbo cell
Hayward colorlogic LED lights with preset light show function (2 lights in pool, 1 in spa)
Hayward neverlube valves

Polaris Black Max 280 pool cleaner

Wet edge pearl matrix or satin matrix

8 ton moss rock boulder waterfall with cave with 3 water locations on independent pump
Gunite pool slide with 5 gunite stairs, additional 2.7hp pump, epoxy slide coating. Sealed rock.

1,100 sqft new decking, 1350 sqft stamped overlay over new and existing decking

Dig scheduled for 8/3!! Woohoo! :)

Here's the before pictures:

duraleigh said:
New pool build! :party: :party: Post lots more pics! :lol:
Thanks! There'll be plenty more pics to follow!
They were round this morning to stake and mark the pool in the yard so I'll post pictures of that when I get home from work tonight!

So excited to start the process! Scheduled to dig on 8/3, and gunite is currently scheduled for 8/6, weather permitting.

duraleigh said:
Kicking a soccer ball around your pool should not be allowed. The chances of it knocking over an adult beverage before it is fully consumed is too risky. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:cheers: True True!
One of my tasks is going to be to fence off a section of yard from the pool to enable kids to play safely and this will also be where the soccer ball gets kicked around so the beer will be safe!
I think this will be over and above a safety fence around the pool but I haven't made a decision on that yet. I figured that I would wait a week or two until after the pool is finished to determine how we're going to use the decking and where I can put a KatchaKid fence (or similar)

So the PB came out this morning and staked out the pool. He warned us before he started that it may look small and close to the house when it's staked out but it will feel a lot bigger than it looks drawn out on the floor. Fortunately it actually felt quite big to us and we're happy with the layout now that it's drawn in place in our yard.
It's a little hard to make it out from the photos but here are a few anyway!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. I'm very happy with the PB so far. Considering they weren't scheduled to dig until Saturday it's been an incredibly organized day. Rebar crew got here 45 mins before digging crew were done and they are now working fast but with incredible skill. Very impressive to watch.

They clipped my neighbor to be's grass when coming in with the bobcat (my neighbor actually closes on the house today) and the home builder had a bit of a fit but I'd previously spoken to my neighbor to be and warned him that I may have to go on about a foot or less of his yard but that we would repair any damage. In any case, the PB has replaced the sod on it already and it looks good as new.

Man, this rebar crew have put in a full days work. It's 8.45 pm right now and they're still going strong.

It's a bit too dark for photos right now so I'll post a few from a couple of hours ago. They've now finished the main pool and are working on the waterfall.

Gunite is here! :whoot:
Was originally scheduled for yesterday but had to get put back a day over the weekend.
Excited! Sure we're not the most popular people in the street this morning though; 5 trucks plus pickups turned up at 6.30am!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.