Digital testers and HELP with drips

Jun 22, 2013
Want to know if the digital testers are worth the money.

First pool, I just had my water analized by my local Leslie's and my pool always sparkled, but this time out, (Just put in new AGP) I am out in the country and can't run to Leslies every week.

Which brand would you recommend? If you don't think digitals are the way to go, what brand of test kit?

Second problem. Hubby has hard plumbed equip. and after re-gluing and re-wrapping threads with tape several times, we still have a drip leak problem with the screw in connector to the female pump hole. The coupler is not cracked. Hubby has never had this problem with PVC before. He wrapped the dang thing at least 12 circles before screwing it in. And, lastly, is there anything too bad with just letting her drip. My take on it was that a drip every few seconds would hydrate the base under the pool preventing cracks, but Hubby is a perfectionist and can't stand that his installation has even a drop of water coming out.

Bo has you straight on the test kits. I recommend the TF-100 with the SpeedStir option. You won't regret it.

If the leak is on the suction side of the pump it could cause you to get air into the system especially when vacuuming. I'd try to fix it. What's always worked for me is to use teflon pipe paste for plastic pipes. I read on here a while back that for especially troubling leaks to use a few wraps of t-tape then some paste then a few more wraps of t-tape.

becciboo said:
So no one likes the fully digital metering testers? I will order the TF100 if not!
Go with the TF-100. Guarantee you will not regret it one bit. It will begin saving you $ by helping you avoid the problems that many non-BBB pool owners deal with. Then you will wonder how you got by without it.

Digital testers need a constant recalibration. Think erroneous results from pool stores that use them.

With the FAS-DPD chlorine testing there is no doubt, outside of normal variation.

The rest of the kit also being titration (color change) with the exception of CYA also has great accuracy with no need for recalibration. pH tests done with digital especially need constant messing with to keep accurate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.