Considering LED replacement light

Titanium

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2007
SF Bay Area
cabanacarl originated this thread during the software blackout period.

cabanacarl said on: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:38 am
The light in my SPA burnt out this week and I'm would like one of these new LED lights that can change colors, etc

I'm curious if anyone has had any luck replacing a pool or spa light with an LED. My wife inquired with a pool tech who told her it would require rewiring current light??? This didn't sound right, but I dunno. I know LED operates on direct current vs alternating current which you find with line voltage 110v or low volt 24v, 12v. I see converters from AC to DC in other LED products and I would assume the same for these lights??

Also, am I crazy or are the prices for these lights $400-$500 each? Under the description it appears they come with long cord lengths, ie 50, 100' which makes me wonder if in fact they need to be rewired. I was hoping to purchase the lamp (bulb) unscrew one and replace with LED.

I would love to hear others stories before I spend $$$. I think we will all have LED's in our pools / spas and I'm hoping there is an easy way.

Regards,
CC

Purex Triton Whisper Flow 2 hp Pump
Jandy RS8 Pool Spa Control

Titanium said on: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:47 am
There are LED bulbs which just screw into the existing bulb base in the light fixture. And there are both 12 Volt and 120 Volt models to choose from.

http://www.inyopools.com/lights_galaxy.aspx

Titanium

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.