Need help connecting Aqualink One touch to landscape lights

Palden

Jul 29, 2013
I have an Aqualink One Touch. I have a low voltage Malibu landscape light transformer that I would like to be able to control from my Aqualink. I know it can be done, but I have been having trouble finding a detailed how to on the web. I have 2 available Aux. I also have a spare Jandy Dimming relay that I pulled out when I upgraded my spa light to a LED light (not sure if this is needed).

Re: Need help connecting Aqualink One touch to landscape lig

Welcome to TFP.

You need to power the transformer through one of the Aux relays. It probably plugs in now so you'll either have to cut the plug off and wire it directly or wire a receptacle through the relay and plug the transformer into that.

Thanks Dave,

I have pool lights and spa light already connected through a GFCI on my Subpanel, can I run my transformer/receptacle through the load of the GFCI as well(which seems a simpler route) or should I use a separate GFCI as my receptacle to plug my transformer in. If I use separate GFCI, I am assuming that I have to run the 120 VAC hot line through my relay 1st then run it to the Line of the GFCI so that the relay can switch power on/off to the GFCI receptacle?

Thanks for the help. I got it hooked up. I couldn't get it to work with a spare dimmer relay I had lying around with a GFCI receptacle, but worked fine with a regular relay that I didn't realize I had in my panel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.