How much pool wall leaning is too much on a new install?

Jun 27, 2013
Help! We just had a freeform radiant 18x32 pool installed on a slope. One half in ground and one half out. After noticing uneven water levels, we found the lengthwise walls to both be tilting out wards by more than 3 inches. I know pools can never be perfect, but after reviewing threads here, it looks like 1 inch is not a huge deal. But the pool walls are out of plumb by more than 3"!!!! And this is on the side facing down the hill. Radiants are strong pools but that seems excessive.

1. There is a cement collar around the bottom and 15 ton of gravel on the inground side. Essentially the whole thing would need ripped out.
2. It already has nearly 15000 gallons of water in it. But we paid for 90% of the whole thing already because we only noticed the problem a few days after the install when the contract said money was due. They are not done leveling our ground in back yet and that extra 10% was the hold back for the completed job.
3. We called the manufacturer and gave pix and they said it "should" be okay. But when I mentioned the company they partnered with to sell their pools (the installers),the manufacturer seemed somewhat defensive sticking up for the pool company. They did admit it was installed wrong, but...

My big question is- how wrong is this? Is the three inches something that makes the experts here cringe? Because gravity is gonna keep working on this pool on a hill. That's what I worry about.

It matters how we pursue this. We are going to ask nicely for them to fix it, but considering it could be a complete tear down and reinstall, we have our doubts they will do it. I didn't put 35,000 into an AGP project to have it be not right and fail now or later. Advice please!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.