Where did my CYA go?!~

nate81

May 20, 2013
Raleigh, NC
So my pool was low on cyanuric acid...so i bought some today...put it in an old tube sock and tied it extremely tight to the frame of my pool in front of the return. Went to check on it before bed...and its almost totally gone! I have almost 4 cups of CYA in that sock and there is barely any left...i see no holes in the sock and looked very close at the bottom of the pool and couldnt see any granules there. Last time i put this stuff in a sock like this it took forever to dissipate...the the cya acid goblin get me or what?

Should I even be worried?

Man, if you have a CYA goblin you need to be very careful. They tend to be in league with the leprechauns. I don't mean the happy lucky charms kind, I mean the evil Warwick Davis type!

Luckily it most likely just dissolved faster than you expected. I have had it dissolve in a few hours before and it showed up on the test later with no problems. No worries! Unless there is a goblin... then significant worries...

Sleep well tonight :twisted:

Yeah, that's dichlor. It will increase your CYA but doesn't need to be put in a sock. You can just slowly pour it in front of a return. Pure CYA takes longer and so needs the sock treatment.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.