User installed flow switch to control SWG with IntelliFlo

Re: User installed flow switch to control SWG with IntelliFl

I'm not well enough versed in electronics to know why I might need a relay and, if absolutely necessary, some more details on what exact kind of relay. Also would need to know how it would be hooked into circuit. The flow switches I am looking at are rated at 220V 3A.

It is simpler and more reliable to use a current sensing relay instead of a flow switch, though a flow switch will certainly work. There are several posts about how to install current sensing relays around here somewhere.

In my opinion it is not simpler at all to use a current sensing relay instead of an additional flow switch. I have scanned the various threads on the forum regarding the relay and it would involve adding another box to hold the relay and possibly a delay switch. The switch I have in mind can be found at http://www.homeperfect.com/general-purp ... fs4-3.html and does not appear to be a flimsy unit that would fail easily like many of the separate flow switches which come with SWG's. For ease of install it can be added with a saddle tee. It would seem going this route would provide dual protection with actually two flow switches in the circuit. Any comments?

Mmonaco's comment above is irrelevant to this thread which is addressing the issue of adding a flow switch to a SWG not a pump. Suggest Mmonaco start a new thread with his/her question.

Looks to me like it's very relavent to this thread. I take it that they were giving you and alternative to the one you posted and just telling you what they were planning on using it for.

Sorry I misinterpreted his post. I am aware of the various cheaper flow switches to which he refers. Since others have indicated that flow switches are not particularly reliable over the long haul, I decided that these made in China models might not be all that durable and am going for the more heavy duty USA made unit. Also cannot find reliable info on the Chinese models regarding whether or not the threads on the units are standard NPT or not. One supplier says the threads are metric. If so, good luck find the necessary plumbing parts to install it. Of course, Amazon has great return policy so I guess that is not a big problem if one can't find the needed plumbing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.