Pucks for vacation

Jul 23, 2010
Mickleton, NJ
We are going on vacation for a week. I just bought a timer for the pool to run the pump 8 hours a day while we are gone. CYA is 40 so I am going to use pucks in a floater for the week while we are gone as I have no one to add bleach for me. Is it ok for the floater to be in the pool when the pump is off?

Other similar alternatives that would keep the floater from directly contacting the pool surface are (1) If you have a diving board, you can suspend the floater from the board with a string so that it would not touch the liner, or (2) Use an old bleach bottle filled with water (may have to put some washed pea gravel in the bottle before filling with water for additional weight), tie the floater to the handle, and drop the bottle in the middle of the pool or in the deep end. The bottle acts like an anchor and will help keep the floater somewhere near the middle of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.