For those who pray...

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
please keep all of those who are enduring all that crazy weather in the mid-west, that have lost their homes and family members due to all of that rain, flooding, and tornados. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. Those poor boy scouts, :cry: My 2 older sons are devout cub scouts and look forward to becoming boy scouts one day. I can't believe all the craziness with the weather. Even here in GA, the past 2 weeks have been unseasonably HOT. Temps at 100! Makes you wonder what's going on. :cry:

lulupalooza said:
Makes you wonder what's going on. :cry:
It's called weather and it's been going on for a long time! The Midwest is known for tornados (It was even a central theme in the "Wizard of Oz") and temperatures of 100 degress in June is NOT uncommon in many parts of the country that are inland. I can remember temps like that in New Jersey when I was a kid.

There have already been twice the average number of tornadoes this year, and that was said 2 weeks ago before this latest round of storms. It's definetly been an above average year, and the season is not over yet.... :cry:

Well, the midwest had the snow melt and runoff to deal with. Not only were the 'agricultural ditches' (or cricks as we call them) swollen from that, then the rains cames, and came again. Now everything is flooding. The water can't seep into ground that is already saturated.

My family lives in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The OLD farmers say that the rivers need to flood to a few times in a lifetime for the health of the soil. I remember 10 years or so ago when the Mississippi flooded. That was bad, too. However, a lot of farmers had higher yields for several years after that. Probably coincidence and good weather. However, it adds to the folk lore.

I say, pipe that stuff down here to North Carolina and Atlanta where it's needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.