Please help me! Saltwater system looks weird!

Jul 28, 2013
My husband and I bought an intex ultra frame 14 pool (3861 gallons) and at first we were treating it with baquacil but after some research we decided to upgrade to a sand filter and saltwater filter to help better maintain it. Let me apologize if this has already been discussed...there are many posts here and I am a bit overwhelmed. I have 3 young kids so it is hard for me to get out there and mess with the pool chemicals without knowing exactly what I need to do and trying to read through all of the posts in hopes of finding the right one to help me in tough. The pool sat unused for days because of rainstorms we had before I was able to start using the SW system. After adding close to 3 40 lb bags of salt I let the sand filter filter the pool for 24 hrs and then ran the salt water. All was good though I noticed a slight green tint the next day. I cleaned the pool today and looked at the SW system and seen what looks like icky stuff inside the system...I think it is the same stuff which was floating in the pool. What is it? I'm afraid it is going back into the pool and that is not good. My husband usually deals with all the pool stuff but he is away for awhile due to work so it's up to me and I am at a loss as to what I am to be doing.

Thank you,
Melissa

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 91
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 91
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 91
No I did not drain :( and as far as full conversion...the pool sat unused without any treatment for several days..I tested it and seen there was no oxidizer in the pool and then added the salt, filtered it then went to run SW...I had an issue with my outlet and the pool had to sit overnight without the SW running or the sand filter. I thought the whole set up was messed up but it was my outlet. Anyway once I figured that out the next morning I started the SW and the sand filter...then today I see this. I hate to sound like an idiot but when it comes to all this pool stuff I am!

It's 3861 gallons... 14 by 48 I think- don't quote me on that but I do know that the gallon size is correct. I'm thinking draining may be the easiest. Question- is there an easy way to drain the pool into a ditch? I hate flooding my backyard especially with the bacteria ick in the pool. Also- how do I get the stuff out of the inside of the SW system? Thank you so much for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.