LaMotte ColorQ PRO 7

The ColorQ has some limitations. If you are aware of the limitations, and can work within them, it can be a very nice unit. Basically it works best if FC is below 10 and CH is not too high. The FC, CC, and PH tests are quite good. The TA and CH have less precision than you really want and CYA can be way off if you aren't very careful with water temperature and mixing time procedure and even then is not as precise as could be desired. There are reports that all of the numbers can be way off if CH is over 500.

coolpackard69 said:
Has anyone used the Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7? It's about $110 onsale now......any feed back wood be great. I know, the Test Kit that is popular on the forum, but I'm color blind, and I have issues....thus an electronic tester is the way for me. Plus I don't trust the pool store testering.....
Here is a thread that discusses it. You can search for ColorQ with the search function of the forum and find even more info.

As Jason said, buy it for ph, FC and TC - ALK and CH are OK - Do not depend on it for CYA. I never got a number from it on CYA that was even close.It is good machine if you know it's limitations.
Amir

coolpackard69 said:
Has anyone used the Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7? It's about $110 onsale now......any feed back wood be great. I know, the Test Kit that is popular on the forum, but I'm color blind, and I have issues....thus an electronic tester is the way for me. Plus I don't trust the pool store testering.....
I too have had good success with the ColorQ EXCEPT for CH. One of the Waterbear posts brought to light that if your CH is near 300 or higher, the ColorQ will read LOW. For my experience, CH reads as much as 100ppm low (my CH is 310ppm). TA also may need a correction based on titration results. Currently, my ColorQ reads 15ppm high. The amount of correction never changes unless I change the reagents, so TA is accurate between titrations (I check TA via titration once per week, and the correction rarely changes). All of the other results are very accurate, even CYA. (my CYA is 65ppm)

I like the ColorQ very much as compared to their previous unit (PC-4). The convenience of adding 5 drops into a 5ml vial and pressing a button can not be beat!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.