Polaris 3900 Sport making noise

jimbabwe

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 4, 2009
Good morning:
My 3 year old Polaris 3900 Sport is making a loud whining noise. The noise is coming from the cleaner itself-not the pump. The wheel rotation is slow by about 8 rpm. The back up valve is working as designed and there are no leaks in the hose. I intend on taking it apart to see if there is anything obvious but was wondering if someone on the forum has an idea of what to look for. Thanks in advance. Jim

Thanks for the reply! Last weekend I took "The Dog" apart and found what I thought were rough bearings in the drivetrain case and witness marks on the inboard side of the turbine wheel and adjacent case. It almost looked like they had been in contact or there had been some debris lodged in between them. I ordered bearings and put them in yesterday but this time I took the top of the cleaner off too. When I set it down on the bench I heard water moving and found the float had about 2 ounces of water in it. Off to the local pool store for a float which is now made opaque silver rather than transparent blue. It includes a screw and bushing for attaching rather than a tooth washer. "Dog" is now running around the pool at the right speed with tail sweeping and he's climbing the walls quietly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.