Advice on new install vinly pool

Jul 28, 2013
Mississippi
Hi to all. Well here goes. Just signed a contract with pool builder for a large lagoon 20x42x30. 6 larimars,raised tanning ledge 14 x 28, pro lologic haward swg Hayward vs pump cartridge filter c425, all 2" pvp piping.

We have been and have seen what salt can do to its surrounding. So we are very hesitant at installing that system. Should we go ahead and install the system and not use the swg at first and just start with the bbb system and if we can't or don't like it just plug in the swg. Will the c425 filter hold up to the salt water. Also we have open contract between a brick or stone coping but with salt we don't know which way to go. We have about a week to decide on a coping.

Any options and opions would be appreciated. What do you guys think of the pump setup for this size pool?Thanks in advance. Man I didn't think I would be this nervous about this pool thing but I just don't want to have a bad pool built.

Weather you go with the SWG or not, you will need to start your pool as a normal manually dosed pool. The SWG will not produce enough for start-up.

Remember, you will need at least 24 hours with pump running for your salt (if you add it) to dissolve and mix before you can turn on the SWG. Time enough for an algae bloom to start.

Either choice on the coping will need to have a good sealer sprayed on, multiple coats before adding the salt to your pool. Mortar and high salt concentrations don't get along very long. The stone and brick would do ok, but at the very least, the mortar should be sealed.

Brick will wick the salt solution to the mortar, stone not so much. That is why I suggest several coats of sealer over it all. For the walking surfaces, to keep them from being too slick, you can add a clear nonskid spray-on over the sealer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.