Pool Vacuuming on Intex 22' x 52"

Jul 28, 2013
Hello All. Just bought and installed our new Intex pool. We are having a great time in it! Trying to get ahead of pool maintenance and am brand new at it. All that came with the pool was a vacuum head and no manual or instructions. I know absolutely nothing about how to set up or use it and am asking for advice, hints, links, etc. Thanks in advance. :lol:

It looks like your pool comes with the Venturi style vac which works great for bigger stuff but IMO doesn't get enough of the smaller particles. Your better of looking into upgrading to a sand filter.

As for using the vac you have look on YouTube for vids on the intex Venturi vacuum.

What pump did your pool come with?

Anything less that 2500 GPH will not be enough to run a regular suction vacuum.

Your "garden hose vacuum" can be used. You will, however, need to add to the bag. A couple pair of knee-high stockings inside the bag will help. but will still leave you with the really fine dirt on the bottom of the pool.

Do yourself a favor, and get a regular curved pool brush and pole. Most normal pool cleaning equipment will not fit the Intex pole.

If you upgrade your pump/filter, you can then buy a pool hose and vacuum head.

Thanks guys. Found out my pump is 2500 GPH so at least I should be able to use a regular vac (with some sizing modifications thanks to Intex). Now know how to use my venturi vac in the meantime.

Next question. What is a skimmer? Sorry to sound so stupid but I am a rookie. I have the inlet to the pump in the side of the pool but I am guessing that that is not the skimmer? I am hoping that this is something that will help with bug parts as I seem to have an endless supply of those.

Re: Pool Vacuuming on Intex 22' x 52"

Took a sample to the local pool store. They set me up with a test kit, stabilizer, and shock with instructions. Already had chlorine. Latest test shows to be pretty balanced.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Charlie_R said:
Intex skimmer.

REAL skimmer.

You can use either.

If you use the through the wall, you can get an adapter for it.

Or many of us use this one on the intex pools. http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP1091LX- ... rd+skimmer

It includes the skimmer plate for hooking up a vacuum, and a hose barb which the intex hose fits right over and can be secured with a hose clamp. You will probably want to also add a ball valve for the bottom of the skimmer unless you want to move the crappy intex valve to the pump side of the hose. If you choose to use the Hayward ball valve, this one (the FIP size) http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP0723-Tr ... ball+valve works great.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.