Aug 18, 2011
Arizona
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,

I have read through many of the posts and I am in the middle of my first SLAM. I have all the supplies on hand and am testing regularly.

My question is how can I get a consistent amount of the R-0870 powder for the Chlorine test?

Some times I get a level scoop, others a heaping scoop., sometimes I get a level scoop but after i dump it in some sticks to the scoop.

This seems to be the cause to some varied FC tests i am doing. I really need to get this figured out as I think tonight or tomorrow night my pool will likely pass the Overnight Test OFCT(?)

Re: How can I get a consistent scoop of the R-0870 DPD powde

You don't want too little powder. Too much doesn't matter. I use a heaping scoop. By the time I'm done with the test everything is usually dissolved.

I can sometimes tell if the FC level is pretty high in my range by how pink the sample gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Great, Thanks.

I think sometimes I was not getting enought.

Out to test my pool after an overnight SLAM and OFCT

Mike

Great. I just used 2 heaping scoops and my FC looks about right from the OFCT.

I am going to watch it today and hopefully it will drop to a more normal level and then I can get an accurate OFCT test, then start testing once a day to establish my chlorine consumption.

This board is great, hopefully I can answers others questions like you have answered mine.

What goes around, comes around,

Mike

ps. I bought the large refill kits from the TFT Test kit people and the Swirler device, great service, great prices.

What is your CYA and FC level now? Usually the OCLT is done up closer to shock level and nit the lower maintenance levels.

My CYA is at 50 (pool gets sun most of the day) and shock level is 22PPM. I am sitting at about 25ppm FC, right now. I have cleaned my filters (cartridge type) and the water looks better than the first day I filled it up.

Am I good to go for an OFCT tonight? I think I will loose 3~5 PPM during the day today, but have yet to confirm that, and it is cloudy here in Northern CA.

Appreciate the info!

Mike

Oh. Yeah you should be fine to try the OCLT. When you said you were letting it drop, I thought you were below shock level already.

Thanks Jason.

I have an 18.5k gallon IG PebbletTech pool, with a Pentair variable speed pump and Pentair cartridge filters. I use a solar cover as well.

I will let you know how the OFCT goes,

Mike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.