Bestway Flowclear Chlorinator will not work

Jul 27, 2013
Hello! All!!

I grabbed a Bestway Flowclear chlorinator last season and was in heaven!!! Works easy for newbies to salt pools and easy to maintain.....well till this year :(

We had a big storm storm a couple weeks back (Toronto, Ontario and surrounding area) and we lost power. But on vacation so did not see to the issue right away. We lost power and it tripped the outside power outlet so pump and chlorinator

Came home to icky pool!

Shocked to remove icky green and turned on the filter and clorinator and nothing! the red power turns on and if you try to program it does alot of beeping but nothing.

Cleaned out the cells and connections as per the guide but at a loss.

Of course my year warranty was up in June and I am hoping there is some other troubleshooting someone can help me with before I have to bite the bullet and go back to chlorine :grrrr:

Cindy

A few days later and I definately have to give Kudos to my Husband. Turns out the start button was not working - he now has the circuit board outside the machine and has to manually jump start the SWG with his electrically meter!

Looking around to find this part now - but working great even though its guts are out wrapped in a freezer bag!

Still cannot believe how rusted the circuit board was! definately not a good seal!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.