wall popped out of track

Jun 17, 2011
Central Iowa
We just got out liner in and started filling and noticed a 2 ft section of wall popped out of bottom track! We have been trying to get it back in but is causing more of the wall to pop out on either side as we work with it. What do we do? Do we need to take the liner back out or is there a way fix with out sucking the water out and removing liner?

More than likely, your site is NOT level! I just installed today as a DIY and my build went so smooth. The walls never jumped the track. I read my manual several times since March n it states that the #1 reason for walls jumping track is because of an unlevel site.

Seen that happen to a friend on a 24ft pool last summer. I stopped by to help and found the ground was not level on that side of the pool that was jumping out of the track. Sometimes just using the eyeball to level doesn't work 100%. I would for sure check to make sure the ground is level in the area you are having problems.

The post right near the jumped track is off the ground a little but. They did put some steel in under the bottom brace on top of the block to add support. It does appear the ground was not as level as thought. We used laser level during excavation but apparently missed a spot. It's kind of been a nightmare of a weekend with the wind kicking up unexpectidly Saturday am while trying to install the steel wall. Just not enough manpower and apparently working all day to find we weren't 100% level. Can a round pool take some variation a bit more than an oval?

The tracks on most AG pools are the same track for all of the round pools a maker manufactures, so the track you have is designed to support the walls on pools with well over 100,000 pounds of water. If the track and wall are not working it indicates to me that your site is not level enough.

When you leveled the site, did you move dirt from the high side to fill in the low side? Is the post on the low side" where you filled?

Hi there. We did not do any filling for the inital site prep. Just excavated out the slope to make "level" to the lowest point and sunk in the block to ground level.

(Vent) - I am so dissapointed. I'm a perfectionist wife to a fault I'm sure and was so excited and thought everything was great. We used lazer level and tried to level the sand as best we could. Tamped 3 times but I think the sand is uneven as well! Both hubby and I are exhaused and had to pull in neighbor to help most of the weekend now to find it's rolly polly. It's a surprise for our kids who are coming home tomorrow night :( It's about 1/3 full now as husband does not think it will be an issue. "remember I'm the perfectionist!" but the thought of tearing it down to the dirt and doing it all again makes me want to cry.
(Vent Over)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.