Cloudy again

Jul 24, 2012
Here are my test results:

FC - 21 ( I brought it up this morning to this level. It was at 4)
TA - 160
PH - 7.5
CYA - 40
CH - 280

We have had MUCH rain, and I've had to drain several inches after each of these horrible storms in Ohio. The water has been great this summer, up until about 2 weeks ago. It started getting cloudy, and I SLAMMED it. Cleared up for a couple of days, and then back to cloudy. I brought it back up to shock level this morning. Am I doing everything right at this point?

PH has been all over the place during these storms, but I'm trying hard to keep it adjusted.

You need to keep it at shock level until you pass

1 OCLT. Lose 1ppm or less
2 CC of 0.5 or less
3 water is clear

You probably didn't follow thru correctly. What did you SLAM with ? Liquid chlorine ?
SLAM. shock level and maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Remember that you can't use the PH test results when the FC level is above 10. Hopefully that PH test was done before your brought up the FC level.

Your TA is fairly high, which could cause calcium clouding. Calcium clouding is nearly always white clouds, while algae is only rarely white. High TA will also cause the PH to go up when it rains.

Have you allowed FC to go below 3? If so that is probably the cause of the problem.

I am using Liquid Chlorine to SLAM. I will keep the level up until the water is clear. I did this 2 weeks ago, but hard rains continued last week after I thought I had it under control. 2 inches of rain water in 15 minutes last week. Lots of flooding going on here.

The PH level yesterday was 7.2. The 7.5 reading today was after I brought the FC level up.

Is there a way to get the TA down?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.