POOLVERGNUEGEN the poolcleaner review

Jul 8, 2008
after hanging out here for a while, reading 100s of reviews on various sites, I decided to buy the poolcleaner 2x. Unfortunately, the hoses weren't long enough for our pool (my bad, I measured incorrectly) so I ended up with the 4x model from poolsupply world for $389. I also had to purchase an extra five lengths of hose, adding another $90 to the cost so my investment is $479.

what drove me to choose the suction poolcleaner was:
- great reviews here and on amazon
- low maintenance time and cost
- great support from an american-based company
- my belief that electronic models are not going to last much longer than the warranty and then need a full replacement

it took about 5 minutes to assemble the hose and get the poolcleaner running. It's done a great job, climbs walls and steps and picked up algae after a light bloom. My sense is that all these cleaners do a nice job, the real test is four years from now when we're calculating total cost of ownership.

vinouspleasure said:
after hanging out here for a while, reading 100s of reviews on various sites, I decided to buy the poolcleaner 2x. Unfortunately, the hoses weren't long enough for our pool (my bad, I measured incorrectly) so I ended up with the 4x model from poolsupply world for $389. I also had to purchase an extra five lengths of hose, adding another $90 to the cost so my investment is $479.

what drove me to choose the suction poolcleaner was:
- great reviews here and on amazon
- low maintenance time and cost
- great support from an american-based company
- my belief that electronic models are not going to last much longer than the warranty and then need a full replacement

it took about 5 minutes to assemble the hose and get the poolcleaner running. It's done a great job, climbs walls and steps and picked up algae after a light bloom. My sense is that all these cleaners do a nice job, the real test is four years from now when we're calculating total cost of ownership.
Can you tell me how long each hose is? How long/wide is your pool? Thanks.

As shown in this link, the hoses are 1 meter in length (39.37"). Also, based on this manual, the 2-wheel model comes with 1 leader hose and 9 sections of hose so 10 meters while the 4-wheel model comes with 1 leader hose and 11 sections of hose so 12 meters. They indicate that "the connected hoses should be one to two length longer than the furthest point from the vacuum source (skimmer or wall fitting)."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.