TF100 test instructions error

Wildcat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 30, 2013
Tucson, AZ
When doing the FC test my test card instructions says to multiply the number of drops by .05 which at 24 drops means my FC is 1.2. The Instructions in the sticky in this forum calls for multiplying by .5 which makes more sense, my FC is 12. Could confuse someone who is just using th eczrd and is unfamiliar with what the range of results for their pool is. With my high CYA And a FC of 1.2 I would be adding gallons of bleach!

Really? Mine says to multiply by 0.5. I honestly wonder why the instructions don't say to divide by 2. That makes much more sense to my brain. :) when I was first testing I used my calculator to do the multiplication and when I saw the results I was like..."Oh, duh!" ;)

Wildcat said:
When doing the FC test my test card instructions says to multiply the number of drops by .05 which at 24 drops means my FC is 1.2. The Instructions in the sticky in this forum calls for multiplying by .5 which makes more sense, my FC is 12. Could confuse someone who is just using th eczrd and is unfamiliar with what the range of results for their pool is. With my high CYA And a FC of 1.2 I would be adding gallons of bleach!

mine too says .05...The next line right after says .5, so I just double checked online and saw that it was indeed .5

Dmsattelberg said:
Wildcat said:

mine too says .05...The next line right after says .5, so I just double checked online and saw that it was indeed .5

Ditto. I also prefer to just divide by 2. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.