mineral springs....

Pool_Fool

LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 24, 2012
Lynchburg, VA
Is mineral springs just a way the pool stores can sell you on having aa salt pool, or is
there some kind of benefit to having a mineral springs pool, versus just a regular salt pool?
To me I am getting the feeling we are being duped.

Can I convert a "Mineral Springs" pool to salt?

Thanks
PF

Mineral Springs is exactly the same as any other salt pool, just with extra marketing write-ups. Their products are a mixture of salt, borates, and CYA. There is no conversion, you already have a salt pool.

...and you will be shocked at how much you have spent putting in "Mineral Springs" salt from the pool store as opposed to plain old salt from Lowes.

I was needing to up my salt content from 2700 to 3200, and the pool store didnt have salt, just Mineral Springs. It would have cost me about $250 in Mineral Springs, but instead I paid about $15 in solar salt at Lowes. :whoot:

Also, you cant know how much CYA you are putting in with a product like that, even though its important to know, as too much CYA can make sanitation impossible.

Next time salt is low, just get plain salt. There are multiple threads on here that will help you know you are getting the right stuff.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.