Fusion Inline Chloranator

Jul 16, 2013
I have a Fusion 2 Inline Chloranator. When I do my weekly maintenance I typically add four 3" chlorine tabs and have the setting at 3. Each week all the chlorine is completely disolved, nothing in the cylinder. Last week-end I drained approx half my pool to get my CYA inline, added 4 tabs and set the Chloranator to just above zero. Wanted to see how my chlorine level would be at this setting.
I did all my chemical tests this morning and the FC is 4ppm. All other chemicals are where they should be. Seems like whether my setting is 3 or slightly over zero, same amount of chlorine dissolved over a 7 day period.
Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this same situation. Appreciate any feedback that can help me understand what is going on.
Thanks

Hi Matt. Since most of us stay away from trichlor chlorinators you probably won't find much response from here. I seem to recall when I had a pool frog that that the settings was pretty much a crud-shoot, so I imagine similar situation here.

Out of curiosity what is your CYA after the drain?

Yeah, I understand it is convenient and easier than bottles of bleach and adding the other chemicals to keep the chlorine from evaporating but is was all part of the system that came with the pool.
My CYA Was between 100-150 before the drain and refill. As subjective as the CYA test is and using my TF-100 test kit it is right at 60, so I am good with that.

Ok, then 4 ppm is too low, at 60 CYA your FC should be above 5 ppm. So you should raise that a touch. And remember your CYA is always rising so make sure you stay on top of that and follow the chlorine chart to avoid any problems. Every ten or so days you will need to raise the amount of FC you maintain in your pool to keep it within the guidelines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.