bedliner for some progection

Jul 20, 2013
Hey all im gonna be puttin my used 27' abg i purchased off craigslist. Im a bit of an over do it tyoe of person when it comes to.making things last.;

The pool is in pretty darn good shape, the only rust i have found that needs attention is the out out for the skimmer, it has rust all the way around and onky about 5% of it is unsalvageable, not enough to merit any repair work as it was functioning when i took it down and i believe it still will. But after i clean it up i was thinking of masking off in a square shape around the outer portion and spraying some coats of bedliner, and also spraying the inside as well. That would give it some good heavy duty protection in addition to the silicone i will put on to seal things together

Any thoughts, i also thought of using plasti dio but that stuff isnt as rugged

Where are you planning on using the silicone? You should not silicone the liner to the wall. The skimmer frame and gaskets should be used to make the seal. If had had a problem with the skimmer frame later, you would not be able to remove it without damaging the liner.

As to patching the skimmer area, I would remove the damaged area, add new panel and cut the skimmer opening in the repair panel. Cover any bare metal edges with a couple layers of good duct tape. If it mainly superficial, you add the patch to the outside only to provide strength and then sand the inside to bare (non-rusty metal) and then paint the inside with a rust primer and then a color similar to the existing wall panels.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.