pumping station circuit

Mar 21, 2012
Suffolk, Va
I may be on the wrong site but TFP has never let me down before and it does have to do with my pool i quess so:

The GFCI breaker to my pumping station keeps tripping and im not sure what is causing it. at first it was tripping and i could reset it, this worked maybe twice. Now, when i reset it as soon as the pump tries to start the breaker trips and i cannot run the pump at all. I replaced the breaker thinking mabye it had gone bad but it still keeps tripping. Anyone have any ideas, could it be something wrong with the pump or should i be trying an electrical forum?

I have not disconnected the pump, it is hardwired into my SWG control panel, however, when i reset the breaker it does supply power to the SWG control panels digital display without tripping, it trips as soon as the timer tries to start the pump.

Not only did it not trip with the pump disconnected, but when i moved the pump to disconnected it i could tell it was probably the culprit from the corrosion around the motor where it meets the pump. i just didnt see it until i moved the pump to disconnect it. Thanks again TFP now off to find a new pump. amazingly my pump has been off for a week and as of yet have seen no signs of algae starting to grow, im sure its coming though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.