Liquidator check valves question

Water_man

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Brookline, MA
Got my 8 gal Liquidator today. I tried to blow air with my mouth through the check valves in the flow direction. There is a noticeable resistance. Is this a defect or a design flow, or is it common to LQ's check valves?
One would think that a check valve shouldn't have any resistance in the flow direction. My pump and all the setup is above water level. Should I or shouldn't I use these valves?

Hey,

That's normal. The valves have to be spring-loaded in the closed position so they will operate regardless of their orientation. (i.e. they'll work upside down)

Yes, install them.

Wow!
You issued my shipping label less than a minute after I placed the order and now you answered my question in less than a minute after it was posted.
If this is not a great service, I don't know what is :-D
Thank you, Dave.

I got my LQ less than 48 hours after ordering.... and had a similar question about the check valves. I saw others took them off to resolve "issues". Is there a rule of thumb that will dictate whether or not to use them? I think it would be easier to add them if there was an issue after completing an install without them as opposed to having to rerun tubing to remove them. Although I could just pick up extra tubing when I get the "piece" to connect the tubing to the drain plug on the pump........

I originally installed my without the check valves, and everything worked fine. However, when the pump would shut off, the tanks would empty into the inlet side and the water level in the LQ would lower about an inch or two. I wasn't sure if there was really an issue, but I decided to install the check valve on the inlet side only. The check valve works fine and now the water stays in the tank.

I too tried to blow through the check valves, but was not able to no matter how hard I tried. I thought that there might be a problem with them, but when I installed the one, it worked fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.