New pool build - Central Texas

redintex

LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2012
Central Texas
OK, so after asking 1,000 or so questions here and lurking for longer than I would care to admit, we have started on our pool!!! Groundbreaking was on 7/23/13. I was going to start the post on 7/22/13, but after reading all of the builds here, I was too paranoid that I was going to jinx something! Silly, I know, but it still kept me from posting!!! :shock:

We have a mountain of dirt in the yard, and an excavator sitting on top of it like it is "king of the hill"! I will post before/during/after pics as I can. I think they are making good progress.

The pool will be a 16' x 32' rectangle 3 ft on shallow end/6 ft on deep end. No diving board or slide. Vinyl liner, cozy cove, LED light. We are really excited and anxious as everyone is when ground is broken!!!! :whip:

Once the IG pool is finished, we will have to find a new home for our 15' AGP and 16x24 deck!

Thanks for all of the advice so far, and I will try to keep posting promptly for the build!

redintex

Y'all bear with me - trying to get photos uploaded. Here SHOULD be one before getting started. Day 1 is actually a misnomer, as they didn't break down until about 4:30 PM. It was communicated that it would be a short day, as they were finishing another job and starting to move equipment, so it was all good to us. We were just glad that ground was being broken!!!

Attachments

• Pool before (640x480).jpg
    Pool before (640x480).jpg
    217 KB · Views: 91
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.