Platform for pool

Jul 25, 2013
I am a new pool owner, only had the pool up for a couple of days before we realized should have done more homework regarding the leveling of the location of the pool. Drained pool now before we refill wanting to level off the ground but was thinking that a small platform. Looking at only about 8" off the ground and just leveling the platform and not worrying about leveling the ground. The pool is 14' by 42" Intex Ultra Frame. Looking for any thoughts from experience AGP owners......Any help is appreciated.

Kari

A platform made out of what?

How much do you think your pool is going weigh when full?

I think you would be better off with leveling the ground. Wouldn't want any part of a platform breaking and poking holes in the liner.

Just level the ground by digging down the high side.

Another option is having a thick concrete pad poured. But I would just get a 2x4x8 a 4 foot level a 2 ft level will work if a 4 ft is out of your reach a flat and spaded shovel for digging and a metal rake. Tons of YouTube vids on leveling a pool site.

Getting the pool site level is the hardest part of setting up an intex pool. My first year or 2 with intex pools was a mess, I was always draining and re-leveling as I have 3 young kids and when pool legs started to sink (rookie without pavers) or if it showed more then an inch off I would drain and redo.

My wife hated it but our pool is set up on a slope with trees all the way down the slope and I don't want the pool to have any chance to fail and slam my kids off those trees. lucky to say that I'm on my 5-6th season with an intex pool and I've had easy sets and metal frames and no major failures.

These pools are tons of fun and almost any kid could spend a day swimming and enjoying themselves, but it all comes down to getting the area level by digging down to level.

It may have already been mentioned but just incase, intex pools come with under sized filters your first upgrade should be a good sand filter. The intex sand filters work great. I have the 1,600 gph sand filter and love how much easier it makes keeping the pool clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.