Need to repair spa dam wall

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
My spa spills over into my pool. Currently it is constructed with 8" glass blocks. Four of the blocks have now cracked and get filled with algae. This algae is very difficult to clear up so I'm constantly fighting it.

I had a pool repair guy come out to look at it. His suggestion is to tear out the glass block and replace it with concrete. The thinking is that the glass blocks broke due to the concrete around them expanding/contracting, which fatigued the glass and it broke. He also says that it has been ~7 years since he built a pool using the glass blocks for the spa wall and spill way. This makes me think that there were issues so they don't build them this way any more.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this? I'm leaning towards replacing it with concrete, but the cost is ~ 1.75x that of the glass. Of course if the glass breaks again . . .

Comments?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.