Hello. I'm new.

Jul 22, 2013
Swartz Creek, MI
Good afternoon. I'm new to the forum. I've been reading a lot and look forward to getting my pool in check and chemical costs down. I have an old concrete/fiberglass hybrid pool in need of rehab. The bottom is not too bad but the sides are horrible. The paint seems to be blistering away. My water generally looks nice and clear but I fight with what I assume is algae on the walls. I did think it was just a result of the rough paint but now I wonder if I just don't keep my FC high enough due to high CYA. I ordered the TF-100 XL today and can't wait test my water. I stopped using stabilized chlorine 2 or 3 weeks ago. I've just been using bleach. This was my grandmother's pool. She died last year and I purchased the house. We've always just used acid and baking soda to change ph. Since reading the forum I figured out why I had to use such large quantities of baking soda to raise my ph. Should have been using borax. I have some now. My TA is probably waaay high. We'll see next week when my kit comes. Not looking for any advice at the moment. Just saying hello while I wait for my kit. There are some great brains on this site that I look forward to picking in the future.