Taylor test kit question

Thesil

Jun 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Hi everyone. After hanging Round the forum for a month or so. I decided to purchase the Taylor test kit TF100. I should be receiving it tomorrow. After reading some online instructions, and watching some videos, it seem pretty intimidating to me. I mean, do I have to go out side with a calculator and a pad and pencil to record these numbers and then enter into the pool calculator ? I know for the forum that thus is "the kit" but I hope it's not as hard and time consuming as it seems. Thoughts , please?

There's a sheet in the kit to record readings. In a matter of weeks, you'll know the pool's appetite and will know how much bleach raises your pool how many ppm and so on. It gets really easy. Most of the time when you go out to run the full battery of tests, you'll be able to guess what you'll see. It's when it doesn't match your guesstimate that you need to worry.

I found the testing fairly easy, assuming I did everything right. I will gain faith as I do more testing and see consistency in the results.

No record sheet in my TF100 kit received this week but I am sure I can make my own with no problem

Daily testing would be FC/CC, and pH.

Monthly testing would be TA, CH, and CYA. CYA only if you have had a significant amount of water replacement, as in 6" or more.

At least this is how I handle my own testing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.