New Pool w/ Screen Enclosure Question

Jul 22, 2013
Hi, everyone! This is my first post, but I have been lurking on here about a month now. I am planning on contracting a pool builder to build me a 17x30 in ground shotcrete pool with a spa. I would like to have a 6' deck coming off of the pool in each direction, and am leaning towards pavers. My question is if a paver deck can be used to support a screen enclosure. I am in central FL, and 90% of pools are enclosed, but I have yet to see one enclosed with a paver deck.

Therefore, I am wondering if it is possible to construct a pool in such a manner. I am leaning towards pavers not only because of looks, but in ease of removal/reinstallation in the event of some form of plumbing repair further down the road. Y'all's input is very much appreciated...

Yeah, I met with a local, very reputable pool builder today, and that is exactly how he constructs screen enclosures on a paver deck. FWIW, he also warrants the enclosure to withstand 130 mph winds. That is a big plus here in FL. I am still a good ways away from construction, but in talking to this guy, he seems really particular in his construction methods, stands behind his work, and has produced some very beautiful work. He also welcomed me to physically make contact with any of his previous customers.

He also has been in business since the seventies, and has never had a complaint filed against him with the BBB. :shock: That's almost unheard of these days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.