New AG Install

Jul 23, 2013
Southwestern PA
Hi, my name is Bob and I'm from SW Pa near Pittsburgh. I had a pool back in the 80's for my kids and now this one is for the Grandkids, so I have some pool knowledge. My pool will be installed in 2 or 3 weeks, I have been doing a lot of reading on this site and I want to do the BBB method. What are the procedures for new startup? Another question, I get a chlorinator as part of the install, should I try to return it for credit or just keep it?

Keep it for use on vacations and times away. The best procedure you can follow is to order one of the test kits we recommend, test your water, and know EXACTLY what you need to do. Familiarize yourself with pool school.

woodyp said:
Keep it for use on vacations and times away. The best procedure you can follow is to order one of the test kits we recommend, test your water, and know EXACTLY what you need to do. Familiarize yourself with pool school.

Thanks for the reply, I plan on hard plumbing my AGP, can you tell me about your setup? I need advice on where to put shutoff valves, unions, by-passes, etc.