Why we love our back yard :-)

Thanks Mod Squad - you outta see the plumbing! The side of my house looks like a water treatment plant!

....And this is why I'm so reluctant to cut that chuck out of the concrete deck plate to fix the broken skimmer! (see yesterday's post)

That's fantastic! I love the privacy.

Our neighbors don't have a solar cover or any clue what they're doing so we don't often have to worry about them being out when we are >:D

I'll bet their average water temp has been in the lower 70s. I once heard them shouting about how cold it was. They have no solar cover, no heater and full sun until only 3-4pm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great attention to detail, Butterfly! Well – would you know I actually don’t even like that Chlorine dispenser (it doesn’t match the theme of the pool much). The only reason I use it is because the amount of chlorine it holds. Once the water temp gets above 86 degrees, it seems to eat up chlorine real fast… that silly looking duck holds about 8 of those giant hockey pucks.

Here's the diagram of the layout plan I drafted before I installed my solar panels.

On days where it's 90F outside, i'll usually see an increase of about 4 degrees over 3-4 hours of running the pump.
On days where it's 100F + outside, i'll usually see an increase of about 6 degrees over 3-4 hours of running the pump.
There's many variables that make up the real outcome though. More surface area + more sunshine + more cubic feet moved = more heat.

Attachments

• Diagram4.jpg
    Diagram4.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 500

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.