Pool build ... plumbing and automation questions

swilk

Jul 23, 2011
Southwest Indiana
I have been going back and forth for the last 2 years about building a pool. Doing it myself ... hiring it done ..... back and forth.

I finally agreed to have a builder put one in for me and he is supposed to start in 3 weeks. I am going through everything in my head trying to makes sure I get pretty much exactly what I want.

18x36 IG liner pool. Sport bottom. Under coping auto cover. 3 deck jets. Steps across one entire end.

Standard configuration from this builder is a single skimmer and 2 returns.

I have been thinking of the equipment pad and what I might do for automation. He sells Hayward equipment .....

I would like to add a second skimmer and a third return.

For the equipment pad I am looking at the Hayward Pro Logic PL4. I would like it to control a Hayward Superpump VS, Hayward ColorLogic light (a single light), Hayward Turbocell and a single valve that would turn on the deck jets.

Basically I would like my wife or kids to have a wireless terminal to push a button and turn on the lights or turn on the deck jets (which would increase pump speed as well as open the valve to the jets).

In the future I will add a heater ..... just not right now.

So ..... will the Hayward system be a decent option? Anything I am missing? Anything additional I should consider?

Can't help you too much as I am about to start a DIY on pretty much your exact configuration. However, based on info from some of the moderators here, I am putting in 2 skimmers and 4 returns but will not have any main drains. I'm sure more knowledgeable people will chime in. Good luck! Be sure to post pics! I will as well as soon as I start the dig!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.