New, First Pool - Finally! So many questions...

shltn

Jul 23, 2013
First of all, I'm really glad I stumbled upon this site. Lots of good people and info.

Our 18'x33' 52" Cameo pool should be delivered by next Monday. Yay! I'm really looking forward to it, even though it is a bit late in the season :? Some rough dirt work began today so that just adds to the anxiousness.

I am considering a partial bury of up to 2'. We have a professional installer doing the job, which is great since I have never installed or helped to install before. There are a couple questions I am curious about though...

When it comes to steps, I have seen some AGP pics that appear to have built-in steps like an in-ground pool. Is that possible? What does something like that cost? Also seen the wedding cake type and like those too. What brands/retailers do you recommend on those?

I'm wanting to start my deck, at least part of it ASAP. Is there a good resource online to view pics of different/unique deck builds specifically for AGP /partial buried pools?

Lights - I'm wanting to get a light also ASAP. I have seen one that I think goes in the jet? Could anyone point me in the right direction with the brand/model and retailers?

Thanks everyone! I plan on posting pics as things come along.

Round one. Make sure your warranty allows you to bury it 2 feet first if that is an issue for you. Wedding cake steps are fine-just drill more holes in them for circulation. Nightlighter makes one that hangs over the edge under the top rail plugged into 110 with a looooooong cord. Welcome to TFP! Ordered that test kit yet?

Attachments

• pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 425
Thank you for the replies! I have not ordered my testing kit yet (been a hectic week) but I intend to today.

As for the bury; I'm not dead set on the bury but it would be nice even to sink it 1'. Just to ease the flow of the deck / outdoor area. 52" seems like quite a bit more than 3' but it may not be in practice. I've been experimenting with some 3D layouts of how I want to look once the pool and deck are completed.

The light I was looking at was the Aqua Illuminator; I'm doing a search on here but if you have any opinions I'd appreciate it.

The wedding cake type steps are looking like the ticket. Any specific brands or place to buy? Like everyone else in the world, I try to save money but go with a reputable retailer.

I plan on posting some pics as things progress, should I start a specific thread for that or just post in this one?

Looks like things are going to get delayed a few days. I was hoping the pool would arrive today but no such luck. Plus, it looks like rain the next couple days. Ugh... I guess that's what I get for waiting till so late in the season :)

Test kit is on the way and rain is coming down :?

Since I had some downtime, I started roughing out a deck plan for once the pool is set...

Attachments

• Pool-DeckConcept03-03.jpg
    Pool-DeckConcept03-03.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 263
  • Pool-DeckConcept03-02.jpg
    Pool-DeckConcept03-02.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 263
  • Pool-DeckConcept03-01.jpg
    Pool-DeckConcept03-01.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 263
I used Deckplans.com for my little deck and it worked out great. My main deck is 36 inches below the top rail as I didn't want my deck at fence height. It also meant I did not need railings. My pool is on grade.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
*UPDATE*

The pool is in and filling with water as I type this. :-D

There was a couple day delay due to weather but they showed up this morning and got it finished. Rain did start shortly after we began filling but eased up by the time the skimmer and jet were able to be cut out.

Attachments

• Pool01b.jpg
    Pool01b.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Pool01b.jpg
    Pool01b.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Pool01b.jpg
    Pool01b.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Pool03b.jpg
    Pool03b.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Pool03b.jpg
    Pool03b.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Pool03b.jpg
    Pool03b.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 118
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.