Confer roll-a-way A-frame ladder coming apart!

Maybe pull back together and scab patch it with stainless or aluminum plate and hardware? Why it's coming apart? Exceed the design load or poor design would be a guess on my part. How long have you had it? Maybe a warranty issue?

I just read, you bought it used. [s:11iu2ker]It looks like you are missing the braces that mount into the holes near to OR And OL in the photos.[/s:11iu2ker]

. Contact Confer, their products seem like one of the better ones on the market.

LATE EDIT: For future readers... my assumptions were wrong, it appears the brace mounts to the outside of the legs

I just installed one of these on my pool. There are supposed to be two braces on either side that get screwed into both legs as well as the top plate of the pool. You can see it in my signature link in one of the pictures towards the bottom of the page. PridgNYC mentions something about a slot, but that didn't exist on mine (and mine's brand new). I simply screwed the braces into the legs using the included self-tapping screws.

Also, I'm guessing a fair amount of rigidity and integrity comes from attaching it to the top rail of a solid walled pool. Perhaps using this ladder unattached is also causing problems.

Yuo are missing the part. I found the installation instructions for the ladder. http://www.splashnetxpress.com/splashnet/manuals/NE1162_AFrame-Rollguard.pdf

Step 5, photo #4 says:

#4: With ladder in place and sitting on pool bottom, place one of the adjustable braces on the side of ladder so it is resting on the pool top seat. Secure the adjustable brace to the ladder rails using 2-#10 x 1-1/4” self tapping screws. Repeat for the second brace.

I am sure if you called Confer, they would be able to provide the braces.

Yep, those instructions are for the older version, (instructions are from 2009). The newer version has some improvements (I just got mine a couple months ago). No plastic tabs to cut out, improved tread/riser interlocks, the slot/track for the brace, and probably a few other minor improvements.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.