Cleaner for VS Pump and 8 ft depth???

vanibrown

LifeTime Supporter
May 21, 2011
Tampa, FL
SO, this is just about as stressful as the whole pool design process!!

I want a good cleaner for the money, it will have to work on a VS pump (dedicated line) and 8 ft depth.

Pebblesheen finish and a screen.. issues could be pollen, and paver sand but no large debris. Not sure I want to go the robotic route...but this is our first pool so I'm not sure!

Suction side or pressure side?

Either way, I would highly recommend ThePoolCleaner. It requires less flow rate than most cleaners so you will be able to run on lower RPM.

Suction side and pressure sides are good if you want to leave the cleaner in the pool most of the time while a robotic is nice if you want to clean the pool when the main pump is off.

I have the 2x Suction side cleaner and I am very happy with it. Keeps the pool clean and I leave it in the pool most of the time. If you get a lot of leaves in the fall, I would recommend a separate leaf basket or the pump basket will fill up quickly.

I had a pressure side Platinum Legend that came with my house/pool. Was very happy with it, until I bought my Aquabot 4WD. I left the old cleaner in the pool 24/7 (it ran 2 hours per day); it kept pool clean and free of leaves on the bottom. When I bought my Aquabot, I cleaned the pool with the Legend 1 day and the Aquabot the next. The Aquabot got LOTS more sand and stuff I couldn't see. It's also easier to clean. It's also nice to drop it in for 3 hours and pull it out, not having to mess with having pump going. I have since "deactivated" the line that went to the pressure side outlet, so no more need for a booster pump and electricity waste.

I wonder what the long term, overall price difference is in a suction side with a variable pump and an electric model like the aquabot. The robot is so much more expensive, but its supposed to be cheaper per use, right? Really torn between suction/robot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.