Jul 3, 2013
Please help me. Is there any other way to test for cya? My eyes are playing tricks on me. This is the hardest test for me to determine.

Ph - 7.3
Ta - 90
Ch - 300
Fc - 11.5(shocked recently)
Cc - 0
Cya - looks to be 50

I need another way to test for cya..... frustrated.

Nope. That is the best test there is.

Are you doing it outside with your back to the sun with the tube at your waist? Are you pouring the sample back and forth a few times to see if you keep getting a similar result?

Do your best and call it good.

It can be difficult to tell, but you will get better at it when you've done it a few times. Knowing approximately what your results are are far better than the pool stores guess is any way! Even just having a good idea of what it is from your test kit is far superior to the results they would give you.

It might be helpful to have someone else look at the test with you... same water sample, just pour it back and forth. Each of you do the test and then share the results and see if you are close. Sometimes a second set of eyes can be helpful and reassuring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.