LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
Test results:

FC: 3
CC: 0.5
pH: Between 7.5 and 7.8
CYA: 50 or 60
TA: 80

The water is clear, but I am constantly having to brush up/vacuum "dirt", which I now suspect is dead algae, from the pool floor. I get everything "clean" and it's back the next day. It collects mostly in the seams of the pool liner and the center of the pool. Do I need to shock the pool? I did the overnight loss test a few weeks ago (this has been going on for awhile) and it was a 1, which is why I didn't move forward with shocking, but now I think I might need to... I've had a little trouble keeping the chlorine up, but I wasn't sure if that was because my CYA level drifted to the low end and/or the pool is in full sun (and 90+ degree weather). Advice appreciated! Thanks! :)

If you are measuring a solid 0.5CC and your FC is 3 and your CYA is closer to 60, you are too low on your FC and on the edge of a bloom.

Time to SLAM that pool. Then adjust your minimum FC up to avoid the green.

I just turned on the pump, added all of the bleach and brushed it really good. My question now, though, is how will I know when I'm "done"? My previous overnight loss was only 1, my CC is 0.5 and the water is already clear. Should my overnight loss and CC be lower when it is "done"? Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.