CYA... sigh!

JFB

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
Monréal, Québec, Canada
Ok, So I am trying to bring my CYA to 50... I know it should be 70, but I want to bring it up slowly because when the solar cover is on, chlorine goes through the roof!

I already put in 1.9 kg (68 oz) of stabilizer in my pool 2 months ago but it seems my level is only at 30 (!!) (or slightly below) according to my TF-100 test kit... According to pool calculator, it should be at 38! So I should be measuring/testing 40. Even if I cheat on the up side, I can't get 40. I really see the black dot at 40...

So, before I put too much of the stuff in there, should I assume it's at 40 and I can't test to save my life or should I assume it's at 30 and adding this stuff is more like art than science?

Thanks.

:?:

Assume it is at 30ppm, that is what the test shows ... it could have been lowered due to rain, splash out, backwashing, etc.

Maybe the intial dose was a bit off or the pool volume is a little different. The CYA test is only good to like +/- 15ppm I think anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.