Best and easiest way to get level?

Jul 22, 2013
so we pretty much know where we need to dig dirt out to get level. Once we dig and move the dirt out what is the best and easiest method to make sure we are on target?

A little background: we already had a 16x48 pool up and filled. That is when we noticed we were off level. we pretty much know the side we need to dig to make it level but I really want to make sure we get it right.

Does a long 2x4 with a level on top sound like it would work? Basically I plan to go around with that to each of the points where a leg was. I checked resources and saw the bucket method but I didn't get it. :hammer:

thanks! you guys have been a great help!

You can use a long piece of clear plastic hose with water and food coloring in it as a level, or you can use a laser level.

It's so hard to find a straight board, that I wouldn't recommend that method.

The laser level is fast and easy, but more expensive.

The water level is cheap, but a little more difficult to use.

I just found out you can get electronic water levels for cheap ~$20 at True Value. Much better than a board with a level. Water never lies.

696537.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.