1 1/2 inch pipe question

May 28, 2013
Houston, Tx
I have a construction thread on here but don't get much traffic and need to know this asap as the plumbers are here. Pool builder says 1 1/2 inch pipe is used at the gunite wall due to fittings and then it is 2inch runs in the trenches. When talking with the pool builder (owner) upon signing contract he said 2 inch minimum which is on our contract. So do the fittings require 1 1/2" ?

You have a fairly small pool so that should be ok, do you know if they are plumbing the skimmer and the floor drain together or separately. Having them plumbed separately and home run to the pad with separate valves is best

How do I do the calculation, or guess I am asking, why right at the wall? What if its further away? Or at a T where the return is coming in.

The intakes are all 2 inch from wall to equipment. Then the return is going 2inch to a T at which point it separates and goes to the returns of the pool.

I am looking at 1.5 inch run as seen below:

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02050.jpg

I do not know how much to do the calculation of how much this affects the return flow, or return psi at each return outlet.

Isaac-1 said:
You have a fairly small pool so that should be ok, do you know if they are plumbing the skimmer and the floor drain together or separately. Having them plumbed separately and home run to the pad with separate valves is best

Its got all the intakes separately piped all the way to the pad, at this time the equipment is not set up on the pad, nor is the piping connected. It looks like we have 3 valves that have one intake and 2 outlets making a T shape. The "Off" looks like it can close off one of the 3 directions.

Issac,

You asking where I am located, as in I am in Houston Tx? (More particularly, we are in an area that is not actually part of Houston, but our neighbor next door to us is, if your asking because of inspection codes.) (Northeast side of Houston if your asking because of weather purposes.)

Or looking at the piping, few more pictures.

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02052.jpg

DSC02051.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After talking to some engineer coworkers, we determined that it really didn't matter if run to the wall or at that T. The small amount of piping wasn't going to make much of a difference. I come home, and the plumber has already cut it all out. :( So that double work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.