Welding Diving Board Stand

Jul 23, 2013
We are recently new pool owners - 2yrs - and the diving board stand on our pool is extremely old - probably 25yrs. We were going to buy a new stand but couldn't get the bolts off so my husbands co-worker came and got them off and said he would be able to weld on new sheets of steel and reinstall the board. He has the board and has welded on the new pieces, I'm just curious to know how safe this is? He is a professional welder and I figure they weld buildings together so I would thinkg this would be fine but thougt I'd get some thoughts from others.

Thanks

He took the stand and diving board off. Diving Board is in great shape, the stand is pretty rusted and had split across at the part where it comes down off the board in the front and hits the ground. I'm guessing he's basically building a new stand around the old "frame"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.