will non expandable liner stretch some??

Jul 20, 2013
I have a pool i hope to be installing this weekend, i had been planning on using an expandable liner but have read they can be a pita to install. How hard is it to get them in right if i have a 48" pool and dug one end an extra 18 inches deeper?

Would i be better off to just buy a 48" standard liner and dig a concave area in the middle thats say 6-8 inches deeper and if i did this would a regular liner work and stretch into it?

To me 48 inches which will be more like 45 inches deep when full isnt quite deep enough. Im a little leary of the expandable liner if it is a headache to install. Especially since i cant help my friends put this in as i have 4 fractured vertibrae i recieved last weekend due to a drunk driver hitting my squad car head on while on duty last weekend. One of my friends helping has installed his own agp so he is familiar with it, but i want this to go as smoothly as possible. And i need to get this pool up and get myself in it because i know it will help me heal up.

Also, could i order a liner for a 52" pool and still utilize it? It seems that i would just have extra ljner overlapped over and outside my walls and i could trim or cut some of that off. Maybe its just a newb no no idea but wouldnt that give me more material with and eliminate any possibility of having trouble pulling the liner up over the wall.

If it's an overlap liner then the 52" can be used. You can dish it out a little, more with the 52" liner and they will stretch some, not sure how much. I used an expandable liner and have heard they will wrinkle, I know I have some but I installed it myself and I'm definitely not an expert. I definitely like the deeper water.

If you're not going very deep by dishing out the bottom, I would use the 52" liner. Get that baby in on a HOT day!

Sorry to hear about your accident! I have just been through similar with my husband as he totaled our Harley Night Train on 7/3. He suffered massive head injuries because he wasn't wearing a helmet. He's not allowed to ride a donorcycle anymore! :hammer: He walked out of the hospital a week and 1 day after the accident and is still recovering. I'm installing our pool this Saturday and hope it will alleviate some pain he's been experiencing in his knees and body.

Glad hes doing ok.....i have had more than my share of motorcycke wrecks over the years , i switched to corvettes lol

I ended up ordering an expandable liner, up to 72" its supposed to be 80's and sunny this sunday when i hopefully have it put in

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.